Translate

Thursday 1 January 2015

Great John Lennon Quotes

John Lennon Quotes
"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

"If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the sixties, that's a problem. Peace and love are eternal."

"It was like being in the eye of a hurricane. You'd wake up in a concert and think, wow, how did I get here?"

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."

"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason."

"My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all."

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that...I believe in what I do, and I'll say it."

"Guilt for being rich, and guilt thinking that perhaps love and peace isn't enough and you have to go and get shot or something."

"As a kid I had a dream, I wanted to own my own bicycle. When I got the bike I must have been the happiest boy in Liverpool, maybe the world. I lived for that bike. Most kids left their bike in the backyard at night. Not me. I insisted on taking mine indoors and the first night I even kept it in my bed."

"When I was five years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life."

No comments:

Post a Comment