Translate

Thursday 20 September 2012

Tribute To Jimi Hendrix

Famous rock stars comment on Jimi Hendrix.

Carl Wilson (Beach Boys): I thought Jimi Hendrix was just phenomenal.

Freddie Mercury: Jimi Hendrix is very important. He's my idol. He sort of epitomizes, from his presentation on stage, the whole works of a rock star. There's no way you can compare him. You either have the magic or you don't. There's no way you can work up to it. There's nobody who can take his place.

LL Cool J: I was listening to Jimi Hendrix. I just admire his artistry and creativity as an artist.

Joe Satriani: I started out playing guitar because Jimi Hendrix was my hero, so my roots were really based on Jimi Hendrix and his style of playing.

Stevie Nicks: We opened for Jimi Hendrix. I got to stand on the side of the stage and watch him for two hours and then he died. But I got the essence before they left.

Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction): Jimi Hendrix's music was escapism.

Eric Clapton: When I saw Jimi Hendrix I knew immediately that this guy was the real thing. And when he played it was like a rough sketch of what he was going to become. This guy was our generation, and he wasn't in a suit.

Frank Zappa: Hendrix is one of the most revolutionary figures in today's pop culture, musically and sociologically.

Dave Navarro (Jane's Addiction): The most influential person in my life, other than my parents.

George Benson: It's amazing the power of Jimi Hendrix's legacy. When I heard him do the national anthem I thought, wow, what a genius.

Keith Richards: Everybody else just screwed it up, and thought wailing away is the answer. But it ain't; you've got to be a Jimi to do that, you've got to be one of the special cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment